Saturday, November 14, 2009

Fun for the whole family





Joseph and the girls went to Walmart this morning while I stayed in bed. I know, my life is hard. Anyway, on the way home Claire would NOT unclench her fingers from the bag of unripened pears as she was strapped into her carseat. Because they weren't pears! They were DINOSAUR EGGS! And for the love of all that's holy she was NOT going to let Swipper swipe those eggs!! (For those of you not living in the land of toddler that's Dora the Explorer. Slow sarcastic clap for the genius who writes for that show.)
And yes, we have our Christmas tree up already. Before Thanksgiving. But please understand it was the ONLY way I could get my Halloween brainwashed children to cease in the begging to go trick-or-treating or dress up in costumes. I'll take sparkly lights over a holiday celebrating they celebrated Samhain, when it was believed that the ghosts of the dead returned to earth anyday. But that's just me. That and the fighting over who got to wear the dinosaur costume was wearing thin on mom's nerves.
In news of more cuteness:
-says "nook at dat!" "bwankee" and "chokowat!" all the time.
-They both watch "shishi" when thanking us now. (Thank you Ni Hao Kai Lan)
-Stephanie has taught them words and phrases in Spanish that neither Joseph or I understand. I don't know if I'm proud or concerned.
-Both girls would walk to the edge of the earth for a cup of ice-cream.
-Claire comes to me sometimes and laments that, "she really needs a coke." Heh. Joseph LOVES that one.
-Lily is Claire's shadow. She does EVERYTHING big sis does seconds after Claire does it. Trip over the carpet? Done. Claire needs a spoon for her food? So does Lily. Claire accidentally lets go over her balloon sending it to heaven? Lily's is gone .2 seconds later.
-If you ask one of them to apologize to the other, more often than not the wrong one walks up to the other and says sorry and then issues a hug.
More to follow...

2 comments:

Holly said...

love reading your funnisms. Your family is beautiful.

The Meaghers said...

Thanks for the great idea! I will put up all of our Christmas decor this weekend while Matt is out of town. We never have enough time to enjoy the tree because we are always out of town for 1/2 of December!?