My dad's been encouraging me to write down all the funny things the girls say for future use, and like a complete bonehead I have for the most part ignored such sage advice quite impressively. From time to time I'll jot something down, on something random, never to be seen or heard from again. Niiice.
Yesterday I cut the girls' waffles in half because they're easier to eat that way. Lily looked at her half, then back at me, then back at the waffle. She raised her head and plaintively explained that "This is a moon." You half-wit. "I want FOOOOD." What would I do without her around to explain things to me? I shudder.
We watched "The Land Before Time" for the first time with the girls a few nights ago. Hooboy. I never remembered how many crying scenes there are in that movie, but I have to thank Lightfood for being such a pansy arse. Because everytime his eyes filled with tears, my sweet Claire's welled and gigantic tear drops would fall down her cheeks while she buried her head in my lap and SOBBED at the unfairness of it all. She does NOT remind me of anyone I know. Nope, she doesn't.
Ever since Halloween (night of horrors on so many levels. as a parent you really need to balance the fun with your kids against the suck, and if the fun wins, even by just a little, it's a success.) Claire's wanted to dress up and go trick or treating. This whole ask for candy, get the candy, WHILE wearing a costume was a little to much for her mind to comprehend. The awesomeness just seemed so overwhelming and ever since, can't understand why such awesomeness can't be apart of our DAILY bedtime activities. Good times.
Last Sunday when the girls and I were driving home from church, Claire kept asking where "all the lost girls" were. I still don't really have an answer for that.
Both girls have started asking where their little brother is these days. Sleep through the night dear ones and I'll think about it. Until then, little brother is up in heaven and he is VERY happy there.
No comments:
Post a Comment